Losing weight with the HCG diet is very fast and effective without letting you go into starvation mode. The combination of HCG injection and restricted calorie intake will allow your body to get the extra calories it needs from the excess fat, resulting in no hunger, weakness, or fatigue. However, as with any other weight loss plan, any diet or lifestyle change is not without challenges. It’s very common for dieters doing the HCG diet to experience some cravings at the onset of the diet.
Ways to curb cravings on the HCG Diet
- Load properly- HCG diet cravings are hardest during the first few days. To get through these tough days, make sure you load properly. Loading occurs in the first two days. You have your HCG shot, but you do not restrict your calorie intake for two days. Instead, you eat as many high-fat foods as you can. As you load, the hormones will build up in your system, so it will start working once you restrict your calorie intake. Since you ate so many fatty foods, you will not have any trouble sticking to the plan in the following days.
- Focus on your goal- Despite following the protocol properly, some dieter experiences cravings even if they are not hungry. Do not give in to your cravings. Focus on your goal. Remind yourself that you are getting what you need from the diet. Giving in to cravings will only disrupt the hormone, resulting in a lot more cravings and hunger. Giving in only leads to cheating, and cheating will not only make you crave more food, but you will lose weight at a much slower rate.
- Drink more water- Drink more water, but add some lemon or mint. We often confuse dehydration with hunger. At times, you feel a hunger pang or craving, drink water. We recommend that you do it throughout the day. For a twist, you can add mint or lemon into your water. Drinking more water will keep you full until the next meal.
- Drink tea- Drinking tea can help satisfy cravings, so when you feel a craving coming on, why not indulge? Green tea, spearmint, peppermint, and oolong can help stave off cravings and hunger pangs. Tea contains natural hunger suppressants. They help keep the blood sugar level balanced and prevent the movement of glucose into the fat cells.
- Spread your meals out– Spreading your meals out, so you can eat more often helps stave off hunger pangs and cravings. Divide your 500 calories into 4 or 5 smaller meals. Eating more frequently throughout the day will keep your stomach from becoming empty for so long.
Always remind yourself of your goal and how far you have come. This will prevent you from giving in to cravings while on the HCG diet. Picture out yourself when you were at your heaviest and the reasons why you wouldn’t want to go back to your old self and habits. Keep in mind that sticking with the diet will prove to be beneficial. When you don’t let your cravings get the best of you, you will lose a lot of weight and that weight will stay off long term, so you won’t need to diet again.