PCOS or Polycystic ovary syndrome is a condition that causes the ovaries to produce an abnormal amount of androgens. It results in irregular periods because the ovary fails to release eggs regularly. PCOS can also cause excess androgen that increases facial and body hair. Other effects of PCOS are polycystic ovaries or having fluid-filled sacs surrounding the egg.
How PCOS Leads to Weight Gain?
PCOS occurs when your ovary reduces its production of a hormone that allows the egg to mature. Instead of releasing a mature egg during ovulation, the follicles in your ovary turn into fluid-filled sacs. There are about 60% of women with PCOS are overweight. The link between PCOS and weight gain is rising and makes it hard for the body to use insulin.
When there is insulin resistance, it builds up sugar in the bloodstream and increases fat deposition. Abdominal fat is dangerous because it links to heart disease, stroke, and diabetes. PCOS is difficult to diagnose as the tests can show results within the average range regardless of patients showing most of the symptoms.
Weight loss is a typical struggle for those who have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. The symptoms of PCOS cause you to gain more weight and, it is difficult to lose them. Incorporating a healthy routine and balanced diet is not enough to stave off PCOS and its effects. But, the HCG diet regimen can help in dealing with PCOS.
How does the HCG Diet Work?
Using the HCG shots for weight loss can activate your metabolic system and reset your hypothalamus. It is a region in the brain that is responsible for appetite control and metabolism. The HCG diet controls your eating behavior for maximum weight loss. Along with the 500 calorie intake per day, the HCG diet can result in maximum weight loss without causing muscle loss.
Tips for PCOS Patients to Lose Weight on the HCG Diet
- Maintain your HCG shots along with VLCD to lose at least 10% or more of your overall weight. It alleviates other symptoms of PCOS and improves insulin sensitivity.
- Keep your blood sugar in check when you have PCOS. Incorporate a healthy routine and balanced diet when you are using the HCG injections.
- A nutritious diet can help you stabilize your health and alleviate the symptoms of PCOS.
- Eat fiber and protein-rich meals a day to maintain your satiety.
- Avoid eating processed foods to prevent chemicals and preservatives.
- Opt for organic foods to avoid GMOs that may trigger some symptoms of PCOS.
PCOS Medical Treatments
The medications for PCOS are anti-androgen pills and Metformin. They reduce the production of hormones that causes excessive hair growth. When you control the symptoms, you can also increase your weight loss progress. Inform your doctor if you are taking medications for PCOS to set limitations when using the HCG injections.