Binge eating is the consumption of a large amount of food in a single meal. This is considered part of an eating disorder because you eat foods uncontrollably. If you recognize your binge eating disorder as early as possible there is a possibility that you prevent obesity. However, if overeating starts to occur it becomes hard to control. You will experience hardships to resist the urge of eating.
The Early Signs of Binge Eating Disorder
- You are eating a large amount of food even when you are not hungry
- There is a noticeable fluctuation in your physical appearance
- You are affected emotionally, especially by your social behavior
- You feel guilt over eating but continue to eat too much uncomfortably
- You experience stomach cramps and other gastrointestinal complaints
- Fear of eating in public or with others
- Steals or hoards food in strange places
- You have your lifestyle or so-called “eating rituals”
- You eat alone or secretly and you feel guilty after you eat too much
- Shows extreme concern with body weight and shape
- Frequent checking in the mirror for perceived flaws in appearance
Binge Eating Disorder and Weight Gain
Binge eating can cause weight gain. It delays your weight loss and may lead your organs to find it hard in digesting foods. It also affects the stability of the metabolism and promotes the rapid storing of fats in your body. If you have any symptoms of binge-eating disorder, seek medical help as soon as possible.
Talk to your medical care provider or a mental health professional about your binge-eating symptoms and feelings. A person with a binge-eating disorder may become an expert at hiding behavior, making it hard for others to notice the problem. If you know someone having the symptoms, have an open and honest discussion about your concerns.
HCG Diet for Binge Eating Disorder
The HCG diet can reverse the effects of binge eating disorder. This is because the HCG diet does not just allow you to lose weight but also to transition your habits and eating style. The protocol of the HCG diet will help you deal with binge eating disorders. Before starting anything you have to visit your doctor first for further guidelines.
How to Counter Binge Eating on the HCG Diet?
- Keep out of unhealthy food indulgences. Concentrate on whole foods and cut down on processed products. Avoid eating calorie-loaded foods to manage your eating habits. Fill your stomach with low-calorie and fiber-rich foods.
- Avoid eating junk foods. Do not purchase the foods that are packed straight from the box. Check the food labels in each purchase. See to it that it does not have sugar and other unhealthy ingredients on it.
- Be mindful in eating. The HCG shots reset your metabolic rate and suppress your appetite. Be aware of your thoughts, senses, and emotions while you eat. It is because you cannot eat when you are emotionally stressed.
- Deal with stress right away. Stress drives up the levels of hormones that trigger your appetite. This will make you eat various foods to comfort you from stress. Consider doing yoga, meditation, and walking to relieve high-stress levels.
- Do not skip your meal. The sum of calories during your VLCD is the exact calorie your body needs to lose weight. Eating at mealtime will lower your risk of getting a hunger for the whole day.