Are you feeling excited and energetic about starting with the HCG Diet program? Well, we’re more than happy for you. Getting started with this newfound journey full of motivation and excitement is so easy, but it’s tough to maintain the zeal. You’ll notice that your motivation starts to fade away after a few weeks on the protocol, especially when you are doing the 500-calorie diet.
Once you lose your motivation, you are likely to cheat or perhaps give up. Worse, you could end up gaining more than what you have lost. To make sure this doesn’t happen to you, better check out these tips below on how to stay inspired and motivated throughout the entire HCG Diet protocol and on your way to achieving your weight loss goal.
A few things to think about as you take this journey
Ask yourself WHY you want to lose weight- Write down all your reasons. It will help you stay committed and motivated to reach your weight loss goal. Common reasons include:
- Looking your best for an event
- Keeping up with your growing children
- Preventing diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol levels, bone problems, and many other health conditions
- Improving self-confidence
- Look and feel better
- Looking forward to wearing your summer bikini
- You just want to fit into your favorite pair of jeans
- Set your weight loss goal- Set your weight loss goal and write it down in your weight loss journal as you write your reasons. Let them be a reminder in case of a meltdown. Read them every day so you can remember why you first started with this weight loss journey.
- Set a realistic expectation- It’s not uncommon to read and see HCG dieters lose an average of half a pound to a pound each day, but you have to set a realistic goal on your part. Losing weight on the HCG diet is not the same for all. There are stalls and plateaus along the way, and they are normal. These stalls and plateaus may happen several times throughout the process.
Write down the measurable goals you want to achieve. How many pounds do you want to lose? What dress size do you want to be able to fit? If you have to lose more weight, break it up into smaller ones. Do multiple short rounds rather than doing long rounds. Remember that progress isn’t always steady. It’s common to see a massive drop in the beginning. Then watch it slows down and even plateau but don’t let this stop you from reaching your weight loss goal.
Focus on your goal– Many dieters who try to lose weight only focus on the set outcome goals. Typically, the set outcome goal is their final target weight. Focusing only on the set outcome goal can derail your motivation. You have to think about the process that you need to undertake to reach your desired outcome like:
- Following the food plan every day
- Consuming enough water daily
- Adding light exercises to your protocol 3 to 4 times a week
- Be prepared for what’s coming– Your journey with the HCG diet does not always involve excitement. There will always be hard times, especially when you are doing the low-calorie diet phase. Seeing the number on the scale drop is a natural motivation, but you need real determination when your weight is stuck and refuses to go down.
- Find inspiration– Read HCG Diet success stories to inspire you to stay motivated when things get tough. Seeing other dieter’s achievement can help you stay on track and focused. Make a vision board. Seeing images of their body can help you remember your goal. If the reason to want to lose weight is to keep up with your children or family, include their picture in your vision board. If you want to fit in a bikini for the coming summer, have a picture of the bikini on your vision board.
- Get rid of temptation– Think of where you’re most likely to cheat and what’s your biggest cravings. Make an effort to avoid them. Throw anything unhealthy and not part of your meal, or better, keep them away in your cupboard if you do not want to throw them away.
- Reward your achievements– Rewarding yourself for small accomplishments as you reach for your bigger goal is a great way to make your journey with hcg injections more enjoyable. Plan your reward but focus not on foods that can make you feel good instead of tips like going to a spa or perhaps an afternoon walks at the local beach near you.
- Love and appreciate yourself– Love yourself and appreciate all your achievements, whether it’s big or small. If you were not able to reach your goal weight, then it’s okay. If you happen to mess up, then forgive yourself and move on. You can always hit the reset button and do another round.
- Plan for setback and challenges– There will always be birthdays, events, parties, holidays, and stress that can pop up but have a plan in place to stay on track when times get tough. Finding ways to cope with challenges and setbacks will help you stay motivated. Once you have a plan in place, you will be fine.
Good luck to you!