Sugar and Weight Gain on HCG Diet
Sugar isn’t inherently evil as you think. In fact, your body uses sugar in order to survive. Your body burns the sugar into energy necessary for life. However, sugar can sabotage your body which makes you fat. Simple- when your sugar intake exceeds what your body actually needs it is then converted into fatty acids by your liver. (You got it right!) It is then stored as FATS!
A short history here…
Consumers of 1950’s begin to avoid fatty foods in their diet because of heart disease that it can cause. They replace it with something much more appealing, SUGAR. So now you know how this sweet stuff became a huge problem in obesity today.
What’s the problem with sugar?
Sugar will only make you hungry. It will never satiate your appetite. Sugar can store excess fats, spike your blood sugar level that can lead to diabetes. And another thing, sugar is addictive.
Foods with excess sugar that you need to avoid while on HCG diet
- Snack bars
- Energy drink
- Cereal bars
- Take-out foods
- Gluten-free snack
- Salad dressing
- Canned goods
- Flavored yogurt
- Refined flour
- Diet soda
- Pasta sauce
The best alternative for sugar
- Natural alternative sweetener like Stevia. It’s 100% approved HCG diet sweetener. So you can use it even when you are off the protocol.
- Cut your intake of sugary foods.
Sugary foods that you need to avoid on the HCG diet
- Starches– One good example is potatoes. Excess starch consumption can make you gain fats.
- Artificial sugar– Artificial sugar like aspartame is one of the main ingredients in diet soda. They are often labeled as “fat-free” and “low calorie”. Aspartame can cause a stall on your weight loss. It can also cause a long-term damage to your body.
- Carbs– One of the fastest ways for you to lose those pounds and inches off your body is to cut-out on a carb. It’s the reason why carbs are not allowed on the HCG diet. High-carb foods include rice, pasta and bread.
Sugar can make you eat more, burn less and get fat. Stay away from sugar.