You are definitely not alone! When you eat almost the same foods day in and day out, dieting can be boring. When you experience diet boredom, you are more easily tempted to cheat and stay off your diet plan. You wouldn’t want this, right? The best thing to do is to cheat. Yes, cheating, smart cheating, I mean, can actually be good for weight loss as this prevents you from binging and cravings for foods. It also boosts your metabolism and provides you with a mental break from dieting. However, cheat healthily. It should not be habitual. If cheating becomes a regular part of your week, you will only counteract your dieting efforts. Try these diet cheats!
Below are 3 ways to cheat and get over it.
- Stay away from sugar and carbohydrates
Sugar should be avoided at all costs in any phase of hcg injections. Sugar can cause weight gain for many reasons, so you must avoid them. It’s an empty calorie with no nutritional value.
Carbohydrates, on the other hand, are allowed, but you need to keep them minimal. The only carb option you can have during the weight loss phase is Melba toast or Grissini stick. Carb is a major source of fuel and nutrient for our bodies but too much of it can cause weight gain. Whether your diet is high in carbs or fats, if you eat more than you burn, you’re likely to gain weight.
- Cheat smartly
If you can’t help but cheat, cheat on the approved HCG diet foods. Cheat on foods like:
- Fruits and vegetables: You won’t gain weight when you cheat on fruits and vegetables, wouldn’t you? There are lots of vegetables and fruits that you can keep handy. Take them with you when you leave the house. So, when you feel hungry, you can simply grab them and eat rather than grab something that’s out of the list. Cherry tomatoes, oranges, and apples can make great simple snacks.
- Whole-wheat crackers: Whole wheat crackers can actually be better than Grissini sticks or Melba toast. Choose a brand and portion size that has the same calorie count and nutritional value as Grissini sticks or Melba toast.
- Nuts: Almonds, cashew nuts, pistachios, walnuts are superfoods you can cheat on when you are hungry or even bored. They are rich in protein and antioxidants that will help keep your body healthy. They can also help you lose weight and burn belly fats.
- Yogurts: Yogurt is on the approved HCG diet food list. So, have them when you feel hungry or bored. Greek yogurt contains healthy fats, protein, and fibrous carb that can aid weight loss and boost your metabolism.
- Keep your cheating to a minimum
Cheating can be beneficial to your weight loss but when you cheat, keep it to a minimum. No fast foods and no big portions allowed. Be sure that you are cheating only on the approved HCG diet foods.