What to Eat on Phase 1 of the HCG Diet
Phase 1 of the HCG diet usually lasts 2 to 3 days. Here, you must increase your calorie and fat intake focusing on high-fat foods. Again, the goal of this phase is to interfere with the way your body stores fat in preparation for the very low calorie intake on the next phase where you will basically try to gain weight. Phase 1 also helps lessen your hunger during the first week of the HCG diet.
Most of the food list focuses on the 500 calorie diet and totally ignore the loading phase. Below are lists of recommended foods for Phase 1 of the HCG Diet:
- Fried foods
- Beef Pies
- Whipped cream
- Rich gravies
- French fries
- Butter cookies
- Avocado oil
- Sesame oil
- Spare ribs
- Leg of lamb
- Macaroni and salad
- Hot fudge
- Full-fat ice cream
- Sesame seeds
- Pumpkin seeds
- Egg yolk based sauces and desserts
- Full-fat soft cheese
- Peanut butter
- Potato chips
- Rich sauces
- Olive oil
- Heavy cream sauces
- Mexican foods
- Onion rings
How much should you exactly eat?
Some dieters stuffed themselves until they feel sick but I do not recommend doing this. Just eat with a purpose but not to binge to the point of making yourself sick. Binging until your stuff is not a healthy and positive way to deal with foods.
Remember these principles when loading:
- Eat with a purpose
- Eat high fat but nutritious foods
- Do not eat to the point your feeling sick.
- Eat only high-fat food that you can tolerate.
- When buying foods for the loading days, buy only foods enough for two days.
- Start your loading days over the weekend so you can have two full days to gorge on high-fat foods.
- Start your loading days on a holiday so you can feast on foods together with your family and friends.
Make the most of the loading days. This will be the only time you’ll be told that eating helps you lose weight!