A gout is a common form of inflammatory arthritis that is very painful. It affects one joint at a time. It can affect anyone but is more typical as you age. An abnormality in handling uric acid and crystallization of these compounds in joints can cause attacks of painful arthritis, kidney stones, leading to kidney failure. The influence of obesity during the transition from early adulthood to midlife and the unhealthy eating patterns increases your risk of gout.
Symptoms of Gout
Any joint can be affected by gout but is frequently the toes, ankles, knees, and fingers. Signs and symptoms of gout include:
- Severe pain in the affected joints
- Burning and tender feeling of the joints
- Swelling in the surroundings of the affected joints
- Red and shiny skin over the affected joint
How Obesity Affects Gout?
Gout occurs when excess uric acid builds up in your body due to obesity. Uric acid naturally forms when you break down purines and is eliminated through the kidneys. But obesity affects the function of the kidneys which puts you at higher risk of gout. Fat accumulation matters because excess abdominal fat is more likely to increase your risk of having gout. Belly fat produces more of the inflammatory chemicals that can trigger the disease than does subcutaneous fat.
Does Dieting Help Gout?
Dieting plays a role in gout as certain foods can trigger gout attacks. Eliminating purine-rich foods ad limiting processed foods help weight loss and alleviate gout. You can follow the HCG diet regimen as it focuses on fresh fruits and vegetables, some whole grains, and healthy food choices. Weight loss through the HCG diet reduces uric acid and prevents future gout attacks.
The 500 calorie intake per day is the exact calorie that your body needs during weight loss. The second phase of the HCG diet is not about the number of foods you eat but about the health benefits. The foods you get on the VLCD have enough nutrients that will sustain your body. So, ensure that you are eating healthy meals and keep your calorie intake low.
Three Reasons to Choose the HCG Diet for Gout
- The HCG diet gives your body a break. It prevents you from loading unhealthy foods and reduces the effects of food ingredients. It will renew your health and weight. It will also promote cleansing and revival of your body tissues through weight loss
- It does not take a lengthier period to take effect. The HCG works fast in targeting your body fats. It burns stubborn fats in the hard-to-reach areas of your body. Administer the HCG injections every day because it plays a role in suppressing your appetite and making the VLCD bearable.
- The HCG promotes a nutrient-rich loading. It absorbs nutrients and minerals from the low-calorie foods you eat. Maintain proper meal sizes throughout the HCG diet and choose the foods that have a high nutritional profile.