Know the ways to suppress your appetite on the HCG diet to curb your cravings. Dealing with cravings is important on the HCG diet as sometimes it is a trap that will lead you to weight gain. Keep off the foods that trigger your indulgences to reach your weight loss goal. Stay satisfied and full throughout the day to avoid further unhealthy loading. Choose to load on the foods that are low in calorie but has high nutritional value.
What Exactly is Appetite?
Appetite is the desire of your body to eat foods by nature. It will determine how much food you want to eat and it is triggered by appealing foods. Most of the foods that trigger your appetite are processed food products. A high level of appetite will make you eat too much during your HCG diet. Eating too much promotes the rapid storing of unhealthy fats in hard-to-reach areas of your body.
How to Suppress Your Appetite During the HCG Diet?
- Maintain the HCG shots. Ensure that you administer the proper dose of HCG injection as per prescription to keep your calorie intake low. It can send appetite suppressing effects and maximizes your weight loss. The HCG also provides a boost of energy. Administer your dosage in combination with a 500-calorie intake per day.
- Stay hydrated. Drink a glass of water before mealtime to avoid eating lots of food. Water sends appetite suppressing effects that help in reducing your calorie intake. Tea and Coffee also have a similar mechanism to water and, they also contain additional benefits for weight loss.
- Load more vegetables and fruits. Vegetables and fruits are rich in fiber that boosts your satiety and suppresses your appetite during the VLCD. Increase your fiber intake by making vegetable soup and replacing your unhealthy snacks with fruits. Fiber is essential for metabolism and proper digestion.
- Don’t forget the lean meat. The high level of protein in lean meats controls your fullness or suppresses your appetite. It is also helpful in building up your body tissues, bones, and muscles. You can choose to have pork, beef, chicken, fish, or crab meat. Take off the visible fats and weigh your meat choice before cooking.
- Avoid sugary drinks. The sugar-sweetened drinks such as soda, juices, wine, and various alcoholic beverages are not allowed. These sugary drinks are one of the top unhealthy foods on earth. Sugar-sweetened drinks are linked to diseases and weight gain as they trigger your appetite. It affects your general health and stores fats in your body.
Does Incorporating Exercise Supressess Appetite?
Exercising can suppress appetite if done lightly. Note that extra physical activities during the VLCD may cause hunger. However, HCG permits some light exercise routine to help suppress your appetite and burn excess calories. Make sure that you are not tired or hungry when you do exercise and avoid extreme exercise to avoid loss of energy.