Are you one of those who find trouble sleeping when on the HCG diet? Don’t worry because you are not alone. Trouble sleeping when on the HCG diet isn’t uncommon. It only shows that the hormones are doing their job. The hormones are actively working and mobilizing your excess fats. So, occasionally, you’ll find yourself awake because of the extra energy from the converted fats.
Getting to sleep when on the HCG diet is more challenging than the usual. The question is what can you do about it? Here are some tricks that will help you and anyone who has trouble staying asleep or cannot fall asleep at night as the light goes off.
- Take a hot bath half an hour before bedtime to help you get more relaxed.
- Wind down yourself by getting into your pajamas, dimming off the light and turning off the TV. Doing this will tell your mind it’s time to get to bed.
- Reading a book or writing a journal also helps you go to bed. Try reading a book in a semi-dark room.
- Drink a cup of tea before getting into bed. Approved HCG diet teas will help your body relax, making your sleeping easier.
- Avoid caffeinated drink past lunchtime while on the HCG diet. The caffeine usually stays longer in your system keeping you awake at night. Cutting down on your vitamin supplements like vit.B12 while on the HCG diet will help.
- Light exercise can help improve your sleep during the HCG diet. Take a short walk 2 hours before you go to bed. This will burn that excess energy. Exercising 2 hours before bedtime can trigger an increase in your body’s temperature. When your body cools off, it can help trigger falling asleep.
- Stick with a regular sleeping schedule during your journey with HCG diet. Going to bed at different times each night may tweak your body’s internal clock. Going to bed at the same time each night and getting up at the same time each morning can help you reset your body’s internal clock.
- Make sure you aren’t on your laptop or talking on your phone before you go to bed. All these can prevent your brain from releasing the sleep hormone melatonin.
- Improving your bedroom while on the HCG diet can help. Use dark curtains to make the room dark as much as possible.
- Develop a relaxing bedtime ritual to prepare you for a better night sleep. Sit on your patio in the twilight and enjoy the quietness of the evening.
- Eat light meals in the evening because large meals can make it harder for you to fall asleep. Eat a healthy snack when if you woke up in the middle of the night. HCG diet snacks like yogurt or a piece of fruits or toast with a cup of soothing tea are good choices. And by the way, avoid drinking coffee.
- Get off from the bed if you can’t sleep. Don’t stress yourself. The more you stressed yourself over getting back to sleep, the more sleep will elude you. Read a book or listen to a relaxing music but keep the lights low and do not watch TV. Bright light can stimulate your brain and suppress your sleep hormones. When you feel you are sleepy head back to sleep right away.
- Before starting with your HCG diet fix your sleeping schedule. Dieters with regular sleeping schedule are less likely to overeat. This will help you get through the second phase of your HCG diet because of the limited number of meals throughout the day.
You will get the best result if you can do all these things together.