Treating flu and colds while on the HCG diet is challenging because most medications can interfere with the HCG shots. Flu and colds are typical viral infections that spread from person to person. In general, flu is worse than the common cold, and symptoms are typically more intense and begin more abruptly. Some OTC products and immune-boosting supplements may reduce its symptoms but you have to be careful during the HCG diet.
Symptoms of Flu and Colds
Does the HCG Diet Protocol Permit OTC Products for Colds and Flu?
Avoid the OTC flu medications because they may interfere with your HCG diet. There are natural remedies you can follow when you catch the flu during the HCG diet. Everybody gets the flu regardless of their age and are ways you can do to avoid it when you are on the HCG diet.
Treatment and Remedies of Flu or Colds While on HCG
- Drink more water. Hydration keeps your boy full and fights against the virus. It flushes the causes of headache and runny nose.
- Use oregano. Squeeze an oregano leaf and add the juice to warm water. It has antiviral properties that fight against the flu virus. It can also calm an upset stomach by stimulating bile flow.
- Ginger can help. It is a natural spice that you can use as a remedy for flu. It calms down an upset stomach and prevents nausea and vomiting. Drink a cup of ginger tea when you catch the flu virus.
- Salt and water. If your throat is burning, you can gargle warm water with salt. Salt kills bacteria in your mouth. You can repeat the process several times to get rid of bacteria.
- Warm shower. It helps your body relax and fight against the flu virus. Get a steamy shower for 20 minutes to battle the flu. You can also run the humidifier if you are not comfortable taking a bath.
- Try Eucalyptus oil. It will stop the congestion in your nose due to its mint smell. It clears the air passage and prevents sinuses. Get an adequate amount of sleep to alleviate headaches.
- Get exposure to sunlight. Get up early in the morning and enjoy the sunlight. It will boost your immune system and fight against viruses and bacteria. Sunlight is the direct source of vitamin D.
When to Seek Medical Help?
Inform your doctor if the flu lasts for a week or two. Get medical care when you experience chills, difficulty in breathing, and high fever. Take a break from administering your HCG shots when you have medications for the flu virus. Get back to your HCG diet once you recover. Start to isolate yourself or stay away from crowded places to avoid spreading the virus because flu-like symptoms are also signs of coronavirus diseases.