With so many conflicting options, how do you know which one works for you? Which one will help you lose weight safely and keep it off for good? Below are two of the most common weight loss program worth debating for.
The low–calorie diet
Following a low-calorie diet requires a good deal of planning and careful tracking of calories you consume. Here, you consume fewer calories than you are used to, and that you are going to be hungry. Usually, you only get to eat between 800 to 1500 calories a day and this is not ok for everyone. Following a low-calorie diet can sometimes backfire if you can only stick to it for a short time and then gain everything back.
The HCG Diet
The HCG Diet has been popular for many years. The Diet uses a combination of Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) with a restricted calorie intake of 500 calories a day. The 500 calorie a day is based on the original protocol while the modified version is between of 700-800 calories a day. HCG is an all-natural hormone produced in early pregnancy. The HCG diet allows you to lose weight to at least a pound each day by boosting your metabolism.
What happens if you restrict your calorie intake without the HCG?
Your body is not designed to survive on such a low-calorie diet. When you try to lose weight by restricting your calorie intake, your body will react abnormally. The same goes for when you are on the HCG diet. Leaving the hormone out when you are on the very low-calorie diet won’t help you spell out success at the end of the diet. Restricting it too severely without the HCG hormone can lead to a variety of health problems including weaker bones and muscle loss. Here’s what will happen to your diet without the hormone:
- Your body will be able to lose weight but the rate of your metabolism won’t be as fast as when you have the hormone in your system.
- Your body will enter into a starvation mode by burning fewer calories to protect the fat storage. It will burn its most readily available fuel source first and unluckily, it’s your muscle.
- After a prolonged period of starvation, your body will use the proteins and glucose stored within your muscle tissue as an alternate source of fuel which results in at least 20% loss of muscle mass and organ sizes.
- Ironically, those who try to lose weight without using the HCG hormone ends up with a higher body fat ratio.
- Your metabolism will slow down by as much as 23% and will persist long after you have stopped the diet. As a result, you’ll gain weight once you are off the diet.
- Without the HCG, most of the weigh you will lose are muscle and its structural support and not fat leaving you with sagging skin.
How the hormone helps the body metabolize unwanted fats?
One of the main functions of the HCG hormone is to encourage the body to release excess fat storage. It literally works like a laser that helps shrink the adipose fat tissue to normal size without any side effects common to other weight loss programs. The hormone specifically targets the abnormal fat so the body can use this as the main source of energy rather than muscle. Without the hormone, fat metabolism can be more difficult and you are more likely to burn muscle than fat.
How does the HCG hormone work?
Aside from encouraging your body to release excess fat, the HCG hormone also makes the very low-calorie phase of the HCG diet a lot more tolerable because the hormone allows the body to break down fat more efficiently. As a result, you won’t feel hungry despite you only eat 500 calories a day.
Compared with exercise and the traditional method of diet, the HCG hormone will allow you to lose weight quickly and safely. It makes the diet a lot safer and easier for dieters to transition to a very low-calorie diet. The hormone reduces headaches, cravings, and fatigue normally associated with restricted calorie intake by resetting your metabolism.
Can I lose just as much weight without the HCG hormone?
You can lose weight simply by reducing your calorie intake. However, since your body will go onto starvation mode, most likely, you will lose muscle mass first and bones before fat. Your cellular metabolism will slow down and once you stop dieting, you will gain weight easier. If you are considering doing a low-calorie diet without the HCG hormone, better think twice. The HCG hormone is all-natural and perfectly safe even on multiple rounds.