The HCG Diet Plan
HCG Diet is a super low calorie diet associated with a dramatic weight loss up to one pound a day. The extremely low calorie intake each day is done along with the daily injection of the HCG hormone in certain dosages. The HCG Diet plan has 3 phases:
- Phase 1: Also known as the loading days which last from 2 to 3 days. In this phase, you need to eat foods that are loaded in fats and calories while having your shot of the HCG hormone.
- Phase 2: It is known as the weight loss phase which can last between 3 weeks to 6 weeks. Here, you have your shot of HCG in the morning while you restrict your food intake to at least 500 calories each day. You are only allowed to eat the HCG diet approved phase 2 foods.
- Phase 3: It is known as the stabilization phase. You no longer follow the super low calories diet each day but you are still restricted from eating carb foods for 3 weeks. The HCG hormone is no longer use during this phase.
What can the HCG hormone do?
- Makes you feel not hungry even when on the super low calorie diet each day by changing your hunger sensation.
- Makes you lose weight by losing the abnormal fats while preserving your lean muscle. According to Dr. ATW Simeons, the creator of the HCG Diet, HCG hormone helps reset the hypothalamus making you lose weight easier.
The HCG hormone reduces your feeling of hunger. This allows you to eat only a little and feel satisfied. The hormone allows your brain to tap the abnormal fats and use this abnormal fat as a source of energy without putting your lean muscle at stake.
Expected weight loss While on the HCG Diet
The expected weight loss for women is a ½ pound per day. During the 3 weeks cycle, women can lose around 10-15 pounds and 20-25 pounds during the 6 weeks cycle. Men, on the other hand, may lose up to ¾ pound each day. However, keep in mind that everyone’s body is different. Some people will lose more and some will lose less.
HCG diet injection The HCG diet injection is the most reliable form of a hormone that you can get. It is used only once per day using insulin needle and syringe so it’s actually painless. It is injected intramuscularly or on the fat area of your belly.