The first phase of the HCG Diet is the Loading phase. The success or failure of the succeeding phases is largely dependent on how well you do during the loading days. This phase typically lasts between 2 to 3 days. The loading phase is sometimes called the gorging phase because, during this phase, you will have to gorge more than the normal high-fat foods you are consuming every day. The goal of this phase is for you to eat as many calories as possible so you could prepare your body for the super low calorie diet on the next phase.
What to do
a. Have your HCG shot
b. Eat high-fat foods
From Dr. Simeons HCG diet protocol he states that you “must eat to capacity the most fattening foods you can get down until you have had the third injection”. Gorge on foods that you are going to miss on Phase 2 of the HCG diet. The whole point of gorging on high-fat food is for your body to handle the first week of Phase 1. If you will not gorge on high-fat foods, you will find that the first 5 to 7 days of the 500 calorie diet to be very uncomfortable. Enjoy this part of the protocol. Invite your friends over to feast on a high-fat meal.
Sample Menu for loading days
- Breakfast: Sausages, bacon, eggs, toast with butter and jam; Bagel and cream cheese with eggs
- Morning snack: Donut, protein bar, brownies
- Lunch: Fast food restaurant menus with large fries and soda
- Afternoon snack: Chocolate bars, full-fat ice cream, soda, pastries,
- Dinner: BBQ (rib-eye steak, lamb) with sauce and fries, baked potatoes with cheesecake for dessert
- Evening snack: Full-fat cheese, full fat ice cream, chocolate bar, soda
c. Weigh yourself every day
Importance of the HCG Diet loading days
- Each of the phases of the HCG diet is important. Each phase has its own specific guideline and importance. Loading days will help you prepare for the next phase.
- Loading days will enhance your metabolic rate and will you lose those fats in the later phase.
- Loading phase will help you go through the 500 calorie diet without severe hunger pains.