The only drinks allowed on the HCG Diet aside from water are coffee and tea. Green and basic teas and plain, black coffee are the only beverages listed on Dr. Simeons’ manuscripts. Making wrong choices on the allowable drinks while on the HCG Diet will only cause a stall on your weight loss.
A cup of tea contains about 2 calories just like coffee. Tea is free from cholesterol and saturated fat. Green tea, in particular, has the highest standard for weight loss. It’s rich in flavonoids and bioactive compounds that can relieve inflammation; lessen oxidative stress and provide other health benefits. ou can enjoy having unlimited cups of tea each day during your 500 calorie diet or anytime on your HCG Diet.
The benefits of drinking tea on the HCG Diet
Tea is more than just a popular cold-weather beverage. It has been, and still is today, a popular beverage for a lot of medical reasons. The medical benefits of tea no matter what the variety is had been known for thousands of years. Modern science is now backing up a lot of these benefits. Tea has been touted for its ability to increase the metabolic rate which can help kick start your metabolism every morning.
- Undeniably beneficial for weight loss– A cup of teas can greatly help in curving down your hunger and craving attack. It’s also beneficial in the rapid fat breakdown of fat. This rapid breakdown can be very helpful in increasing the energy level needed by your body for the entire day, particularly during the 500 calorie diet. You can have a cup of tea during your snack time or before you go to sleep as it can promote proper rest.
- Discourages cancer, diabetes and heart disease– Teas can potentially improve the flow of blood in the body by widening the arteries and reducing blood clots. Studies have found that teas can help reduce the risk of stroke, heart attack and other cardiovascular diseases by 20%-35% when consumed 1-3 times a day.
- Hydrates the body– Drinking tea is equally useful as drinking water when it comes to hydration. Tea provides a rich and flavorsome source of water.
- Boost liver performance– Green tea, in particular, can boost the liver performance. To get the most benefit from green tea. Brew the loose leaves rather than the teabag.
- Boost the immune system– Oolong, in particular, can help boost the immune system as it contains the antioxidant flavonoids. Flavonoids prevent cellular damage and increase the production of antibacterial proteins.
- Powerful inflammation fighters– The antioxidant polyphenols are powerful inflammation fighters. Green tea is a lot more potent than the antioxidant power of vitamin C.
Best Tea for Weight Loss
- Chai Tea
It has been a popular tea in India for centuries. Chai tea has sweet and spicy flavors of cloves, ginger, and pepper. It acts as a natural soothing agent as well as a natural way to regulate the digestive system. Chai tea is a simple yet satisfying tea that requires a simple boiling of water and a teabag. To make your tea a bit sweeter, you can add a packet of calorie-free sweetener. You can also add a tablespoon of milk in your Chai tea and ice cubes if you prefer your tea cold.
- Green Tea
Green tea is another acceptable tea on the HCG Diet. Green tea can help increase your metabolism by 12% when consumed daily and inhibits fat absorption in the body. It reduces inflammation and is particularly good for those HCG dieters with rheumatoid arthritis. Drinking green tea will also regulate your blood glucose level by improving insulin sensitivity. It protects the pancreatic cells from further damage, decreases inflammation and suppresses appetite when consumed in between meals of raw vegetables and lean meat.
Drink three to five cups of green tea when on the HCG Diet. Add a tablespoon of milk and calorie-free sweetener for a twist. To make a chilled green tea beverage, add ice cubes. Green tea contains vitamin C, minerals, Manganese, Selenium, Chromium, Zinc and antioxidants.
- Matcha Green Tea
Matcha Green tea is extremely good for weight loss as it contains a number of powerful anti-oxidants. It also contains EGCG or epigallocatechin gallate, vitamin C, fiber, magnesium and selenium which are vital for liver detoxification.
- Oolong Tea
Oolong tea combines the flavors and remains of prominent tea in Eastern cultures. The content of Oolong tea can help burn fat while blocking the amount of dietary fat your body absorbs. The Chinese Oolong tea has a sweeter flavor that mixes the sweet flavor of honey and earthy burdock roots. The Taiwanese Oolong tea has a smooth taste with a hint of sweet almond. Oolong tea contains vitamin C, minerals, manganese, chromium, zinc, selenium and antioxidants.
- Organic Yerba Mate Tea
Organic Yerba Mate Tae contains both caffeine and theobromine that produces a relaxing and anti-inflammatory effect on the body. A recent study shows that organic yerba mate tea can help reduce obesity making this tea great for the HCG Diet and any other diets. Organic Yerba Mate Tea has been shown to reduce the bad cholesterol levels and improve the lipid profile. Yerba Mate Tea contains vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B5 and B complex, C; minerals, Iron, calcium, selenium, manganese, magnesium, 15 amino acids and trace minerals.
- Eleotin Tea
Eleotin tea can combat diabetes type II and control glucose levels in the blood. Eleotin tea is made from dried roots, fruits, stems, leaves from various plants making it an excellent health food for everyone. It increases the body’s ability to cleanse and purify impurities through urination.
- Chamomile Tea
This tea has been recognized historically for its calming effects on the body and mind. It’s effective in relieving muscle stress with a mild sedative effect. It can also boost the immune system thus helping fight against colds and infection.