Still, waiting to lose weight before buying new clothes? The worst thing that you can do before, during, and after the HCG diet weight-loss plan is to put any part of your life on hold, including dressing up or staying stylish while trying to reach your goal weight. Putting any part of your life on hold is unhealthy.
What happens when you dress up while trying to lose weight
When you are dropping at least a pound each day, you may find yourself tightening up that old belt and feeling like your kind of swimming in those old pants. The clothes that fit a few weeks ago now hang loose and unflattering folds. It’s a happy dilemma, but a dilemma all the same.
Well, we’re very much happy with your success but what do you wear? They say that clothes do not just make a person, they can make you look and feel good and more confident. Also, they say that dressing to look your best no matter what diet programs you follow can inspire you to push yourself even harder.
How to dress up when losing weight
Women often overlook stylish outfits too often while they are waiting to reach their goal weight. It shouldn’t be this way. Why? As you lose weight, you get fewer and fewer options in your wardrobes. You will start to feel worse about your appearance, and this could lead to emotional eating and ruin your weight loss efforts.
Dressing up while you are losing weight is even more important. When you spend time choosing and buying clothes for your current body you are more likely to develop a healthy body image, and you are more likely to reach your goal.
Here are a few tips on how you can dress up and still stay stylish until you achieve your goal.
- Go to a thrift shop. You can often find beautiful but inexpensive clothing, even designer brands at a great price. You will only be wearing them for a month or so before they too will be swimming on you. Shop at the discount store if a thrift store is not your thing. Look for sales, online promotions, or coupons. In this way, you can save at least 40% to 75% off the retail price.
- Purchased items that can be used for multiple looks. For items like blouses and tops, opt for classic simple pieces.
- Swap clothing with friends. You can also look online for groups that do swaps.
- Purchase a few new clothes or a second-hand that feel good now and not after you lose another 20 pounds. I’m not saying you need to go spend hundreds of dollars, but if you spend a bit of money to invest in clothes that will fit you now, it will be worth it. You’ll feel better when you are wearing clothes that fit you for right now you are in. You can always donate or resell them when they’re loose.
- Clean out your closet and let go of items from 10 years ago.