There are always road bumps when you try to overcome challenges even when you’re on the HCG diet. Stalls may happen to almost all dieters and it’s natural. Most stalls are just 4 to 6 days shorter and you shouldn’t worry at all because there are several ways to break a stall aside from doing an Apple Day. You shouldn’t be discouraged at all too.
The first thing you need to do when you hit a stall is to make sure that you are perfect on the hcg protocol:
- Make it sure that your protein portion is 100 grams. All meat must be fat-free and skin off for chicken.
- Double-check all ingredients in everything you’re eating. It should be:
- Oil/ Fat-free because even the smallest oil/ fat can stall your weight loss.
- No hidden sugars or starches in your foods. Avoid dextrose, corn syrup, cane juice for these are all forms of sugar. Avoid malt, wheat starch, vegetable gums for all these are starches.
- Be sure that you are drinking enough water in a day.
- See to it that you are not mixing your veggies and you’re not eating anything outside of the protocol. If you are consuming a lot of potatoes, cut down.
Tips on how to break a stall
- Increase your water intake to 2-3 quarts a day. Additional water intake will help flush out toxins and fats away.
- Increase your protein by half an ounce. Avoid consuming less than 550 calories a day.
- Do not use garlic salt. All seasoning salt or products and flavor enhancers must be avoided.
- You may also experience an HCG Diet stall due to constipation. Now, if you haven’t had a bowel movement for a few days, you should consider using a mild laxative. See to it that you are also drinking plenty of water. However, use mild laxative only when absolutely necessary. Do not use them as a temporary solution in breaking a stall.
- Get enough sleep. Not getting enough sleep can cause a stall on the next day.
- Do not eat the same fruits, vegetables or protein on the same day.
- Try using an apple cider vinegar such as Bragg’s Apple Cider Raw Unfiltered Vinegar. Aside from being a great addition to your salad, an apple cider vinegar can also be very effective at breaking an HCG Diet weight loss stall. It has been known to break a stall and improve fat metabolism in the body. You may use it on your salad or you may also add two tablespoon to filtered water.
- Canned goods are prohibited on the HCG Diet. They contain flavor enhancers and preservatives that may slow down your weight loss.
- Make it sure that you are not eating too many calories. Going 30 to 40 pounds above the 500 calories a day limit can cause a serious problems with how the hormone will metabolize your stored fats. To avoid this, use a calorie count apps to know exactly how many calories you have for the day.
- Do a steak day but not more than 1-2 times during the 6 weeks course. During the steak day, drink as much fluids as you can during the day and eat a large steak for dinner.
- Do an Apple Day on the 4th day of your weight loss stall and here’s how:
- Eat only 6 apples (green or red will do) throughout the day. You may start eating during lunchtime and continue until midnight.
- Reduce your water intake by half. If you are drinking half a gallon a day reduce it to a fourth gallon a day. As much as possible, drink water only to quench your thirst.
- Do not eat any other food or drink other liquids aside from water.
- Avoid drinking tea or coffee because the apples will act as a natural diuretics that will help your body get rid of excess water. Besides, the reason why you are doing an Apple Day is to correct your weight loss stall due to water retention.
- Do a “mini” steak day and here’s how:
- Drink enough fluids throughout the day (see to it that they are HCG diet-friendly)
- Do not eat anything for breakfast or lunch
- Have a 3.5 oz. of lean steak for dinner with 1 raw apple or a medium-size raw tomato. Do not eat more than 3.5 oz. A mini steak day can also help reduce water retention and will help break an HCG Diet stall.
Stall during the menstrual cycle
During a menstrual cycle, women usually experience a stall a few days before or a few days during the period. Your cycle may cause a weight gain of 2-5 pounds a day. Stick to the diet because your stall is due to water retention and your body will correct your stall.
During your menstrual cycle skip your daily injection of hormone because the high level of progesterone hormone will prevent the HCG from isolating fat reduction. The HCG won’t have a positive effect over your stored fats when there are other hormones present in your body. Stop your daily injection but stick to the diet. You will still follow your regular HCG Diet meal plan and you will still be losing some weight since that HCG is still present in your system. The remaining HCG in your body will help lessen some of your weight gain your progesterone hormone have caused you by retaining water.
When is the right time to resume with the daily injection? Dr. Simeons states that HCG dieters must resume with the injection after the last day of their period. So, there you have it. Plain and simple-resume with your daily injection of HCG after the last day of your period. If you happened to experience a stall during your menstrual cycle, your weight loss will restart once you’ll resume with your daily injection of HCG.