Adhering to the protocol during the weight loss phase of hcg injections is very important in order to attain an optimal weight loss result. This includes measuring the correct portion of foods. In order to do this, you’ll need a kitchen scale, measuring cups, and everything else as recommended by the protocol.
Tips on how to measure protein options:
- Protein options should exactly be 3.5 ounces or 100 grams.
- Weight the protein raw at all times using an accurate measuring device like the kitchen scale. A kitchen scale is essential to every kitchen, especially for dieters like you.
- If it is cooked (fish, chicken, beef) cut a serving that is the same size as a deck of cards.
- If it is pre-packed, read the weight on the grocery label. If you bought pre-packed meat weight 200 grams, cut it into 2 equal servings.
- You can also measure portion sizes using other everyday objects. One serving of meat is about the size of your palm or a deck of cards. A single serving of fish is roughly the same as a checkbook.
Tips on how to measure vegetable options:
- The best way to measure your vegetable serving is to fill half of your plate with leafy greens. Green leafy veggies are one of the healthiest vegetable choices for weight loss.
- For other vegetables, check the labels. Read the nutritional facts including the serving size on the package. Find out how many servings are contained in each package.
- With vegetables, you don’t need to worry about overeating because they only contain very few calories. With vegetables like broccoli, you can get at least 2 servings per pack. You can divide the packed into 2 separate servings for two separate meals. Or you can have the remaining serving for your snack.
- If you are using measuring cups to measure the vegetable portion, the right portion for spinach, lettuce, beet greens, and chard is 1 to 3 cups.
Tips on how to measure fruit options:
- Strawberries: Have a handful of strawberries. That’s approximately 10 to 15 large strawberries or 15 to 20 medium-size strawberries.
- Apples: When measuring an apple, one apple is one serving size regardless of the size. You are not allowed to consume two small apples, though they have the same caloric value.
- Orange: One orange is one serving.
- Grapefruit:One serving is ½ of grapefruit.
Estimating a serving size
Estimating a serving size can be handy, especially if you are eating out. It can be quite challenging, but knowing how to estimate a serving size can help you stay on the right track.
- A serving size of cheese is about the size of four dice.
- A serving size of pasta is about the size of your fist.
- A serving size fruit is about the size of a tennis ball.
- A serving size of grains equals one piece of bread.
- A serving size of meat is about a deck of cards.