Meal Preparation can make significant changes and establish a healthy eating discipline to reach your weight loss goal. It involves a combination of HCG injections and a 500-calorie intake during the second phase. When you begin the second phase of the HCG diet, cut down on several foods. The goal of the VLCD is not for deprivation but to help you establish a healthy relationship with food.
Maintain the restriction of your indulgences until you reach your weight loss goal. Even though the HCG diet is a low-calorie diet, you can still eat healthy food choices. You can also make several recipes without additional calories. You can eat foods that contain protein, fiber, and other nutrients. However, avoid buying processed beverages such as weight loss soda, and energy drinks because they can cause weight gain.
Set Realistic Goal Before the Meal Preparation
You need an achievable weight loss goal for the HCG diet. You do not need a random number just to have a goal. It must be planned according to the protocol and to your limitations. Figure out your body mass index to know how long you would do the HCG diet. The duration of your HCG diet depends on how many pounds you want to lose. Your commitment to the HCG diet will be your motivation to finish the process.
Meal Preparation Tips on the HCG Diet
- Create a menu. The food list will be your reference for creating a menu. Remember that each phase of the HCG diet has different caloric requirements. Stay away from foods that have high calories and other harmful ingredients. Track each food label before cooking or purchasing.
- Prepare a week ahead. Meal preparation gives you an advantage in time management and reaching your weight loss goal. Purchase a week’s worth of food supply than panicking at the last minute. Preparing ahead prevents you from prolonging hunger during the VLCD.
- Keep a grocery list. One of the most important things that you must not neglect is the diet food list. This will serve as your reference in planning your meal and also in grocery shopping. Your food list will guide you in choosing the foods that will help you lose weight. You can have a copy of the food list on your phone, wallet, or computer.
- Avoid unhealthy ingredients. Sugar, carbs, and oil are not permissible in the HCG diet. Substitute them with healthier ingredients than resorting to processed foods. Eat fruits when you crave sugar. If you are hungry, increase your protein intake to maintain your satiety and stave off hunger pangs.
- Pay attention to what you eat. Track your food intake and ensure you weigh your food choices before cooking. Remove the unhealthy foods in your pantry to avoid food temptations. Get your family to participate in your weight loss plan and support your weight loss goal.
- Read food labels. Check the product label before buying them and ensure they do not contain ingredients that interfere with the HCG. Avoid buying products that contain any form of sugar and sweetener. Opt for organic or freshly picked products than buying prepacked foods.