How Long To Do Phase 2 of the HCG Diet?
Phase 2 is the real weight loss phase of the HCG Diet where you will consume only 500 calories per day. It does not sound like much but this phase is the key to prompt the hormone to use those stored fats as the main source of energy. Phase 2 officially starts on the second or the third day of your diet plan. While on this phase, your body will actually be releasing around 1500 to 4000 calories a day. The trick here, your body just needs to be convinced where to get these calories and that is from the abnormal stored fats.
The 500 calories are very specific. Strawberries, lemons, apples oranges and lime will become your best friends. Whitefish, chicken and the leanest meat that you can find will be the main component for your protein options. Beef would be fine as long as they’re oil and fat-free. Vegetables like spinach, lettuce, tomatoes will also give you vitamins and fibers.
This phase is fairly simple once you understand it. In fact, millions of people have used it to lose weight but if you do it wrong, you won’t get the result you are hoping for. Now, let’s go over how this phase works.
How long should you do the HCG Diet?
In Dr. Simeons’ book “Pounds and Inches”, he clearly stated dieters to do the diet at a minimum of 3 weeks. He also stressed out the maximum number of HCG injections in a single round is 40 injections while the minimum is 23 injections. What does this mean?
The 23 injections include the ones taken on your loading days. That would be 21 injections during the 500 calorie diet + 2 injections during the loading days = 23 injections, plus another 3 days of 500 calories without the HCG injections before you will proceed to the next phase. That would give you a total of 26 days. This is also known as the 26-day protocol.
The 26-day protocol
If you only need to lose around 15 pounds or 7 kg or less, you can do the 26-day protocol. This is what Dr. Simeon was mentioning in his book. This is the minimum number of weeks that you can be on the protocol whether you only have 5 pounds to lose. According to Dr. Simeons, dieters who need to lose only 5 pounds must never be given treatments lasting less than 23 injections because based on his studies, those who did their diets lesser than 2 weeks have regained their weight back. Again, during this round, you only need 23 injections so you only have to order 1 vial of 500 iu of HCG. Now if you have reached your goal before the 3 weeks is up, you can increase your calorie intake to 800 to 1000 calories a day.
Why choose the 3 weeks protocol?
- You don’t have much weight to lose. This is the first and obvious reason as to why many dieters choose the 26-day protocol.
- You doubt your ability to do the longer round. If you think you can’t survive the longer round then better choose this protocol rather than feel crappy the entire time, struggling to stick by it day by day. If you think that you would be spending most of the diet not doing it right at all, then think a lot- you will be left with no choice but to stop the diet and get back on track or better try another time.
- Several parties coming up! Vacation is approaching! Then choose this protocol.
The 46-day protocol
If you have so much to lose, then you can do the 46-day protocol. You will need 40 HCG injections and that’s the maximum number of injections that you can have for this long round. Here’s how you can do this protocol:
Day 1-2: 2 days loading with the HCG injection
Day-3-46: 38 HCG injections, very low calorie diet + 6 days with NO HCG but with very low calorie diet (once a week without injecting the hormone)
Day 46-49: Very low calorie diet but without HCG injection
There is a possibility you’ll end up being on this round even longer than 46 days just to get the 40 injections due to the menstrual cycle.
Why choose the 6 weeks protocol?
- Consider choosing this round if you have a good-sized chunk to lose- around 15 pounds and up to lose. But then and again, you can do multiple rounds with breaks in between.
- You will lose more fat the longer you are on the diet.
- When you are in the long round you tend to get into the groove. Although you may find the first few days of the very low calorie diet difficult it will eventually pass as your body gets adjusted to the little calorie it receives each day plus you have the HCG in your system to burn those extra fats. The diet becomes easier as you find little ways to stay busy and distracted.