A gout is an inflammatory form of arthritis known for causing excruciating pain in the big toe linked to obesity. Although there are many reasons someone might develop gout, genetics and medical conditions linked to kidney disease and obesity are typical causes of a gout attack. Gout treatment remains suboptimal. Identifying populations at risk of developing gout may provide opportunities for prevention.
BMI and hypertension are risk factors for incident gout in several large epidemiological studies. Obesity promotes insulin resistance which in turn reduces renal urate excretion resulting in hyperuricemia. Obesity causes hypertension and influences gout by reducing renal urate excretion due to arteriolar damage.
What are the Symptoms of Gout?
A gout attack can occur suddenly and can wake you p in the middle of the night due to extreme pain. Symptoms include:
- Intense joint pain. Gout affects the big toe but also occurs in joints. The pain is more likely to be severe when it onsets.
- Lingering discomfort. Joint discomfort occurs when the intense pain subsides. Later attacks are likely to last longer and affect more joints.
- Inflammation and redness. The affected joints become swollen, tender, warm, and red.
- Limited range of motion. As gout progresses, you may not be able to move your joints normally.
- Tenderness. even to light touch, such as from a bedsheet.
- Warmth or a feeling like the joint is on fire.
Obesity as a Risk Factor for Gout
Obesity happens when your calorie intake is higher than the amount of energy you burn off each day. Think of the food you eat as fuel. This fuel provides energy to your body for several biological functions. But, if you take in too many calories, they will just be deposited as additional fats and lead to obesity.
Does Weight Loss Reduce Your Risk of Gout?
Dealing with obesity reduces your risk of gout. Blood uric acid levels go up in obese individuals and cause a gout attack. In contrast, blood uric acid levels go down if people lose weight or change their diet patterns and unhealthy habits. In losing weight, you will need a safe and healthy weight loss regimen. The HCG diet fits in the category of a healthy regimen and also promotes your overall health.
The HCG Diet Protocol
If you are dealing with obesity for years, you need a weight loss plan that will work without compromising your health. The HCG diet is the solution for you. The HCG resets your hypothalamus and resets your metabolic rate. It sends appetite-suppressing effects to your body during the VLCD. It helps you eat fewer calories than your typical indulgences.
The Benefits of Rapid Weight Loss on the HCG Diet
- Lose a large amount of weight. It prevents you from gaining back the pounds that you lose. It is more successful than other diet regimens.
- It motivates you. Seeing the progress every day is an additional motivation to do more. Stick to the plan until you finish the program.
- Rapid fat-burning during the HCG diet is cheap. It does not require too much of your money. It allows you to lose weight without going on gym sessions or intense workouts.