The effects of drinking and smoking on the HCG diet are considered barriers to weight loss. Drinking alcohol and smoking are among the top factors of several health conditions including obesity. People who are dependent on alcohol are three times more likely to be smokers, and people who are dependent on tobacco are four times more likely than the general population to be dependent on alcohol.
Does the HCG Protocol Permit Smoking and Drinking?
The original protocol of Dr. Simeons does not mention smoking in the diet. However, the protocol requires the dieters to follow a healthy lifestyle. Smoking has the potential to put your overall health at risk. So, ensure to stop smoking before starting the HCG to help you succeed in transitioning into a healthy lifestyle.
Second, drinking alcoholic beverages is dangerous regardless if you are on the HCG diet or not. Some dieters drink a small amount of alcohol as long as they do not load on carbs. However, alcohol and other beverages are very high in calories. It will surely add too many calories to the HCG diet. It also affects the liver and other organs.
The Effects of Drinking on the HCG Diet
- Drinking alcohol can increase cravings for rich, fatty foods, which people looking to lose weight usually try to avoid.
- Alcohol increases most people’s appetites and promotes eating habits that cause weight gain.
- Drinking alcohol causes late-night snacking and overeating. As a result, it can interfere with your progress on the HCG Diet.
- Drinking can also result in accidental injuries and even death. Pregnant women who drink heavily can harm their babies.
- Binge drinking can cause immediate problems such as acute intoxication, nausea and vomiting, blurred vision, impaired judgment, and alcohol poisoning.
- Heavy alcohol consumption can cause high blood pressure, gastric problems, liver cirrhosis, liver cancer, pancreatitis, memory impairment, alcohol dependence, and various psychological conditions.
The Effects of Smoking on the HCG Diet
- Smoking and HCG diet cannot go along. It must be stopped right before you start the HCG diet.
- Smoking is highly associated with obesity-related behaviors including an unhealthy diet.
- Nicotine can slow down the weight loss process. It will affect the work of the HCG in the body.
- Smoking can destroy your quality of life and affects you physically, emotionally, and financially.
- Smoking may increase your appetite and slow down your metabolic rate.
How to Overcome Drinking and Smoking Habits on the HCG Diet?
Motivate yourself fully as it is a good help to overcome your weight loss barriers. Remind yourself of your goal to get motivated. This is a good reminder whenever you feel like quitting. Talk to your doctor about your chronic alcohol use or smoking habits to find other means to manage your condition.
You have to stay away from the things that will sabotage your weight loss process. The most important thing that you can do is to follow the diet protocol. It will help you overcome weight loss barriers including smoking and drinking habits.