Detox Bath to Rejuvenate You on the HCG diet
One of the best ways to relax and reward yourself from successfully surviving the weight loss phase is to take a warm detoxifying bath. A detox bath is extremely beneficial during the HCG Diet as it assists your body in clearing up wastes and acid loads while rejuvenating your skin.
What is a detox bath?
A detox bath is a 30-minute warm bath that helps cleanse your body from toxins. It won’t literally melt your fats away but a detox bath will bring balance back into your body. When your body is toxins-free, it is able to utilize nutrients better and your metabolism may even work more efficiently.
The benefits of detox bath on the HCG Diet
- Detox bath has shown to be an effective plateau breaker just like the apple day of the steak day. Some HCG dieters do report that they have used detox bath to break a plateau and have lost more than 2 pounds the next day.
- Some claim that an HCG diet detox bath is specifically designed for those who have hit a dreaded plateau but I doubt that because a detox bath can do more than just breaking a dreaded plateau.
- Are you aware that a detox bath may help you in your weight loss efforts? Even though it’s not a requirement for you to lose weight but detox bath can help lose some stubborn pounds that refuse to budge.
Some helpful tips on how to get the most from your detox bath
- It’s not recommended doing more than one detox bath a day. While on the maintenance phase or any phases of the HCG diet, it’s best to do it in the evening.
- To get the most out of the detox bath, you need to use hot water. The temperature must be as high as you can stand. Stay in the warm water while it cools down. Staying in the warm tub until the water cools down is the key because the moment the water is cooled it’s the time the toxins are excreted out from your body.
- Stay on the tub for at least 20 minutes then take a cold shower for not more than 10 minutes. This makes up a 30-minute detox bath process. Some dieters opt not to have their shower and just towel themselves dry to make the most out of the warm tub.
Great detox bath to try while you’re on the HCG Diet
- Simple Epsom salt bath
Epsom salt contains sulfate and magnesium both of which are perfect for detoxification. Sulfate helps draw toxins out from your body while magnesium reduces inflammation. To make the bath, simply put one or two tablespoons of Epsom salt into the warm bath. You can add more salt up to a cup but do this slowly to avoid detoxifying quickly.
- Sea salt bath
This is just the same as the Epsom salt bath but here you use the sea salt. Simply pour a tablespoon or two into your warm bath. The sea salt will naturally draw the toxins out from your system. Use only the unrefined, quality sea salt without additives.
- Peppermint bath
I like this one though. Just add around 20 drops of peppermint essential oil into your warm bath and enjoy the relaxing, minty aroma. Peppermint bath helps fight fatigue so you can keep your focus on your weight loss goal. It also regulates your endocrine system and metabolism. After your bath, you will not only feel fresh and clean but energized. If you do not have the essential oil, you may use the fresh peppermint leaves.
- Baking soda detox bath
Baking soda is a household staple with many uses one of which is to detox your body in a warm bath. Soaking in a warm bath with baking soda have valuable therapeutic properties. It’s even beneficial for conditions like skin infections, rashes, urinary tract infections, and chickenpox. A detox bath with baking soda helps promote detoxification. To do this, add ½ cup of baking soda and Epsom salt into your warm bath.
- Ginger bath
Some people take a ginger bath to alleviate flu and cold symptoms but a ginger bath has more to offer. Ginger has a potent anti-inflammatory compound known as gingerol. It supports your body’s cellular function, in effect, promoting weight loss. The natural heating effect of ginger oil allows your body to release toxins when you sweat. To make a ginger detox bath, add about three tablespoons of fresh, grated ginger into your warm bath. You can upgrade your bath by pouring Epsom salt.
- Lavender and tea tree oil bath
Lavender and tea tree oils are two of the most essential oils used in aromatherapy and detox baths as they offer a host of benefits for your body and skin. Lavender is one of the calmest oil that helps relieve stress and promote restful sleep. Tea tree oil, on the other hand, has endless household and beauty uses. It has antibacterial, antifungal, and detoxifying properties. Simply place a few drops of each oils into the warm bath. You could also place some fresh lavender flowers for an even meditative experience.
- Apple cider vinegar and Epsom salt bath
Apple cider vinegar and Epsom salt make a perfect combination for a refreshing and rejuvenating detox bath. Apple cider vinegar helps promotes general skin health. It makes the water more acidic which restores your skin’s pH balance. To do this, simply add two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and 1 tablespoon of Epsom salt into the warm bath.
- Eucalyptus bath
Eucalyptus oil is another essential oil that you can use for a detox bath on the HCG Diet. It has a potent anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties that will help feel better if you have been feeling congested. Add around 20 drops of eucalyptus oil into the warm bath and throw in some Epson salt if you like.
- Citrus essential oil bath
Lemons and other citrus essential oils are great for a detox bath. They have stimulating and calming properties that promote a positive mood. This can be very helpful after you have reached your weight loss goal. Citrus essential oils also enhance the detoxification capabilities of your body. Just add a few drops of your favorite oils and enjoy your bath. Citrus essential oils can give your bath a mood boost.