A nutritious, well-balanced breakfast will provide you with the energy you need and prevent you from overeating throughout the day. If you are taking HCG injections, it is also important that you consume healthy foods for your diet. There are lots of food options you can get to start your day. But, be careful during the HCG diet. If there are healthy food options, there are also foods that can break your diet.
Avoid getting carbohydrates and sugar during the HCG diet. Although the original script of Dr. Simeons forbids solid foods for breakfast. Tea and coffee are the permissible items in starting your day. On the modern protocol, which includes 800 calories on VLCD, you can eat light meals for breakfast. Refer to the HCG diet food list if you are uncertain about food options.
Breakfast Foods to Eat While on HCG Injections
- Coffee or tea. Ensure you drink sugar-free tea or coffee. They can boost the metabolic rate to start your day. Tea and coffee are appetite suppressants.
- Hard-boiled egg. Eating eggs during the HCG diet is not something you can do every day. It is only a substitute option when there are no available meats. Eating eggs in the morning increases the feelings of satisfaction, maintains blood sugar and insulin levels, and reduces calorie intake at the next meal.
- Fruits. If you want to eat something, grab a medium-sized fruit. During the VLCD, you can eat two whole fruits per day. For example, you can eat half of a medium-sized apple. Fruits have loads of fiber that improve satiety.
- Oatmeal. It is made from ground oats, which contain the unique fiber beta-glucan that reduces cholesterol. It also gives the feeling of fullness. Oats contain high levels of antioxidants as well, aiding cardiovascular health and decreasing blood pressure.
- Flaxseeds. It is rich in viscous fiber, which creates a feeling of fullness even several hours after eating. Flaxseeds also help in improving insulin sensitivity and help protect against the risk of breast cancer.
- Cottage cheese. Full-fat cottage cheese is high in protein and conjugated linoleic acid, which helps in weight loss. It also improves metabolism and creates a feeling of fullness. Eating cottage cheese with flax seeds and berries will make for a very satisfying and highly nutritious meal.
Why You Should Administer the HCG Shots Before Breakfast?
During the HCG diet, your weight loss depends on the weight loss hormone itself. So, before you cut down your calorie intake, ensure that you administer the HCG shots on time. The most preferred time for HCG injections is as soon as you get up from bed to avoid missing a dose. It increases your energy and suppresses your appetite throughout the day.