You don’t have to eat ALL the 500 calories on your Phase 2 of the HCG diet. Of course, there are guidelines for you to follow. And that is what we’re going to discuss below. But first, let take a look at what Dr. Simeons has to say about this protocol. This was his exact words, “Those not uncommon patients who feel that even so little food is too much for them, can omit anything they wish.”
So there you go. Dr. Simeon says that it’s perfectly fine to skip some of the HCG diet foods if you’re not actually hungry. From his research, he discovered that some patients weren’t truly hungry for all the 500 calories. He treated a countless number of patients so including this in his protocol is not by accident.
What to do when you don’t feel like eating all the 500 calories?
- In some days you may not feel that you’re hungry for the entire 500 calories. If that’s the case then it’s fine. Anyway, you won’t be doing this all the time.
- It’s perfectly fine to skip some of your foods but not with PROTEINS. DO NOT skip your two protein servings on the HCG diet. You may ditch out your carbs and fruits but not the proteins. And if you can, keep your veggies too.
- If you feel like you’re not yet satisfied then you may add another 100 calories to your diet. But if you are hungry for a lot more than 500 calories, that’s another issue. Check your dose because your current dose isn’t right. Check this article out How to find your Right Dose.
Some think that they can increase their weight loss by skipping a meal. Do not use this as an excuse so you can lose more weight. Do not eat least than 500 calories a day so you can lose even more. Skipping a meal will not make you lose weight.
To sum up:
- It’s okay to skip some of your foods while on the HCG diet only if you’re not hungry.
- Purposely skipping your food can actually make you gain weight.